As everyone knows, as soon as the Coachella lineup got posted the entire interweb was freaking out about it. Here are our 5 must see up-and-coming (aka small font) acts of the festival:
1. The Martinez Brothers – Hailing from The Bronx, these siblings have been DJing out since they were only 16. Now they’re holding residencies in Ibiza as well as throwing their own parties back in NYC.
2. Anna Lunoe – This bodacious babe comes to us from the land down under. 2013 was a big year for her as she completed a US tour with baby making music makers, The Weeknd as well as released tracks like Breathe and Real Talk on A-Trak’s label, Fools Gold.
3. CHVRCHES – In an effort to branch away from just having DJ/Producers on this list, we bring you a UK synth pop group that goes by the name of CHVRCHES. This group gained notoriety from their single, “Mother We Share.” Their tracks have been remixed over and over by the likes of Moon Boots, Junior Sanchez, Tourist and many more. My personal favorite is their take on Hurricane, a track by another Coachella performer MS MR.
4. AlunaGeorge – I first discoverd AlunaGeorge when I heard her on Disclosure’s hit, White Noise early last year and upon further digging, I found her original songs to be just as good. Her voice lends well to the vibey downtempo original tracks as well as the more uptempo remixes that have popped up.
5. Hot Since 82 – This Leeds gentleman has been tearing up shows lately in Los Angeles and San Diego as well as has been featured on BBC Radio’s Essential mix with his b2b set with Steve Lawler on the Warehouse Project. His remix of Green Velvet’s, “Bigger Than Prince” is definitely a dance floor banger.